Our Pick of the Five Best Events in Cheshire this Summer
Cheshire is not only one of the U.K’s most beautiful counties, it is also home to some of the best country shows and events throughout the Summer months.
We have picked out five of the best events coming up over the Summer for you and the family:
- The Royal Cheshire County Show, County Showground, Tabley, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 0HJ, Tel: 01565 650200. 20th-21st For more than 175 years, the Cheshire show has been the premier summertime agricultural event in the North West of England. In 2016, they were bestowed the honour of ‘Royal’ status. This fantastic event is perfect for both the country lovers among us and those who just enjoy a good day out!
- Foodies Festival, Tatton Park, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6QN, Tel:0844 995 1111, 14th – 16th The UK’s biggest celebration of food and drink with Michelin-starred chefs cooking live, wine, champagne and cocktail classes, a producer’s market, street food, BBQ arena, ‘Cake & Bake’ theatre, eating competitions, live music, pop up bars, tasting and shopping
- RHS Flower Show Tatton Park. Another fantastic show set in the magnificent parklands of Tatton Park (19th – 23rd July) it is a celebration of the best in gardening with a vibrant carnival atmosphere. A spectacular day out, not just for plant lovers, but for friends and family too
- Bluedot Festival, Jodrell Bank Observatory, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 9DL, 7th-9th Bluedot with OVO Energy is an award-winning festival of discovery at the grounds of a deep space observatory. If star-gazing and all things science are your thing, this is the festival for you! Set against a backdrop of the iconic Lovell Telescope at Jodrell Bank. For tickets visit http://www.discoverthebluedot.com/tickets
- Peter Pan at Dunham Massey, Dunham Massey, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4SJ. Tel: 0161 941 1025. Taking place on 12th August, between 18.30 – 20.30, Presented by special arrangement with Samuel French and in support of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, this really is the perfect Summer evenings entertainment for the whole family. Bring along a picnic and enjoy this classic in the stunning location that is Dunham Massey
If you are planning on heading to Cheshire for one (or more) of these fantastic events & wish to make a weekend of it, why not stay at nearby Soughton Hall Hotel? This beautiful former stately home has been transformed into a luxury hotel in Cheshire.
Not only is it situated close to both the Cheshire and North Wales borders, it is also one of the most renowned wedding venues in Cheshire (if you happen to be looking!).